2014/11/20

Note on Front Door

Dear Burglar,
 
Please don’t break in today
You see I’ve hardly cleaned
The floors are in a mess
and I haven’t Mr Sheened
 
I hope you’ll understand
Good help is hard to find
and I can’t do it all
I barely have the time
 
With visits to the spa
and classes for my art
My nails have just been done
I don’t know where to start
 
I need to hire a nanny
and find a gardener too
A housewife’s life is hard
A stressful thing to do
 
You mustn’t see my house
in such a wretched state
Kindly check your times
and advise another date
 
My cleaner comes on Friday
so could you come back then
Please RSVP below
and let me know just when
 
Yours truly

Merrillea Faux-Pride
Lady of Leisure (LOL)


Natasha Adams (Western Australia)

First published in Creatrix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that Uneven Floor has retired from active publication, no new comments are possible — sorry. You're welcome to share the poem on social media and comment there.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.